Lets take the challenge of building CI/CD pipeline and Deploy to Azure cloud in 5 min!
- If you have Azure access then login to Azure otherwise lets Signup Azure cloud
- Login to Azure with the outlook account.
- Add subscription with credit card details.
- Login to https://portal.azure.com
- Search for DevOps Project and select DevOps Project resource
- Click on Create to create new DevOps Project
- Select your preferred language, Azure support multiple languages like .Net Core, Node.js, Python, PHP, Java, Static Website. For this Demo lets Select Node.js and click on Next
- Choose Node.js application framework, Azure supports Express.js, Sails.js and plain Node.js. For this Demo lets select Express.js and hit Next
- Select Azure service to Deploy either Containers and Web App. If your application is Containerised then choose Containers. For this Demo we will choose Web App
- Its time to create Microsoft VSTS account for CI/CD pipeline. If you already have VSTS account then select existing account, otherwise select Create New. for this Demo we will select Create New and enter name for your account, enter Project Name as NodeSampleProject and click Done button.
- It will take 1 or 2 minutes to create the Resources, Click on the Notifications to see the status.
- Once Deployment is done, select Go to Resource
- Sample Node.js application is deployed and CI/CD pipeline created in less than 5 min
- Click on the Browse to visit your website.
- You have successfully Deployed and Created CI/CD pipeline for your Node.js app.
- So far we have uploaded sample code to Git Version Control, Created Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment pipeline and Deployed app to Azure Platform as a Service and Added App insights Monitoring.
will look into this apps DevOps CI/CD pipeline in Microsoft VSTS.